Construction Documents and Presentations
Oct. 9, 2018: The HPISD Board of Trustees receives an update on plans for a new Hyer Elementary School.
May 22, 2018: HPISD provides update to HP Town Council regarding Bradfield. Click here for final peer review summary.
Video from Hyer Neighborhood meeting held on May 7, 2018.
Submit your suggestions for the new Hyer elementary school at the following link: http://www.hpisd.org/suggestionform/
Documents and presentations related to facilities updates from the November 2015 bond election will be posted on this page as they become available.
UP Elementary Construction Update - as of January 25, 2018
Bradfield Elementary Construction Update - as of October 9, 2017
After months of meetings to gather input from parent groups and neighbors, designs for the new Bradfield Elementary are beginning to take shape. The school is on schedule to be rebuilt during the 2018-19 school year.
- increasing the amount of active play area
- retaining as many existing mature trees as possible
- retaining some of the historic elements of the existing building façade
- improving traffic congestion in the surrounding neighborhood as much as possible
- creating a front-yard social space for parents, students and the community similar to the current school
- directing all pedestrian traffic to Southern Avenue, rather than Mockingbird
- having dedicated underground parking for staff
During the September meeting, the Highland Park ISD Board of Trustees received this presentation about the plans for Bradfield from Stantec Principal Architect Jonathan Aldis:
Cost Summary of Construction Projects - as of August 31, 2018
Park Cities Community
University Park Elementary
Highland Park Middle School
Seay Tennis Center