Inclement Weather Procedures
In the event of inclement weather, the decision on whether to close or delay the opening of schools will be made by 6 a.m. and announced through the following outlets:
- HPISD text message alert system (Sign Up)
- HPISD Email notification to parents and staff
- Announcement on hpisd.org
- Posts on the district's Facebook page and Twitter feed
- Main switchboard (214-780-3000). Please remember to call this main number, not the campuses.
For the most accurate and timely information, we suggest parents and staff check district social media channels or the district's official website, www.hpisd.org. The district will also inform television and radio stations. They share such information at their discretion.
In the event that severe winter weather approaches during the school day, parents always have the option to pick their children up early. Any changes to after-school events and/or Academy for Lifelong Learning after-school care will be posted here.
Visit the HPISD Bad Weather Closings FAQ page to learn more about how the district decides whether or not to cancel school during inclement weather.