Scots are champions in the classroom and beyond.
- The HpHS Centennial Class of 2023 earned more than $3 million in scholarships
- The Class of 2023 completed more than 49,000 community service hours
- 16 HPHS students were named 2023 National Merit Finalists, 35 National Merit Commended Students, and 22 National Recognition Program Scholars
- Two members of the Class of 2023 received appointments to attend our Nation's service academies, one will attend the US Naval Academy and one will attend the US Military Academy at West Point
- 33 HPHS student-athletes signed letters on intent
- The HPHS Academic Decathlon team took second place at the 6A State Finals in 2023. The previous year the team won its sixth state title in seven years at the 2022 State Championship Meet and placed second in the nation at the 2021 United States Academic Decathalon National competition
- HPHS UIL Academic teams posted top-3 finishes at the 2023 6A State Meet - the Math team won second place, and the Social Studies, Science, and Number Sense teams each finished in third place. Several students also had top individual wins, including a silver medal in Ready Writing. Congratulations to our students and teacher-coaches.
- Two fine arts students were named All-State Musicians in 2023
- The wrestling program had one state medalist
- Scots gymnastics took third place at the 2023 State Meet
- Scots men's doubles tennis team won bronze at the 2023 6A State Meet
- Highlander Band won the 2021 UIL Area Marching Contest and finished fifth at State
- The Scots tennis team captured its sixth consecutive 5A state championship in the fall of 2021, HP's 22nd time winning the state title and its 34th consecutive trip to the state tournament
- The Scots football team has won three 5A State Championships in the past six years
- HPHS has a total of 123 state team UIL titles in academics and athletics since the school opened 100 years ago in 1922
Plus, see how the HPISD community is committed to respect and inclusion in schools. Click here to read more.