Scots are champions in the classroom and beyond. With a unique end to the 2019-20 school year, the Scots continue to shine in academics, fine arts, community service and athletics. Plus, see how the HPISD community is committed to respect and inclusion in schools. Click here to read more.
- The Class of 2020 earned more than $21 million in scholarships
- The Class of 2020 completed 60,267.5 community service hours
- The HPHS Academic Decathlon team won its fourth state title in five years at the 2020 Medium Division State Championship Meet
- Two choir students and three Highlander Band members earned Texas Music Educators Association (TMEA) All-State honors.
- 14 orchestra students placed in state solo and ensemble and five were invited to record for TMEA All-State orchestra
- Highlander Band is ranked 2nd of all 250 5A marching bands in Texas and won the UIL State Marching Contest silver medal
- The Phantom of the Opera HPHS musical received nominations for Dallas Summer Musicals High School Musical Awards and a win for Best Costume and Best Supporting Actor from the Schmidt and Jones Lyric State Awards
- The Scots tennis team captured its third consecutive 5A state championship. It is HP's 20th time to win the state title and its 32nd consecutive trip to the state tournament.
- The Scots football team has celebrated back-to-back-to-back 5A State Championships.
- HPHS has a total of 112 state team titles out of the 98 years of the school's existence
*Due to the pandemic, soccer, baseball, softball, gymnastics, track/field, golf and tennis were cut short, but we are so proud of their efforts this school year.
To read this year's Points of Pride, click here.