Submitting Proof of Residency
***Residency Document Upload (Opening July 29, 2019)***
Highland Park ISD requires annual proof of residency for each family. This is a standard practice in many other school districts, and it is intended to protect taxpayers whose dollars pay for the excellent education our students receive.
SUBMISSION DATES THROUGH THE START OF SCHOOL
July 29 - August 22, 2019
If the student’s residency paperwork is complete and current, only the following is required for annual proof of residency:
- All pages of a water or electric bill. (No gas, phone or cable)
- Dates of service (not billing dates) during June, July or August 2019
- Address matches the family’s in-district address as listed in Skyward
- Each student’s name, campus and grade level must be submitted along with each family’s bill.
If the residency paperwork requires documents in addition to a water or electric bill, such as a lease or affidavit or if you have all new documents due to a change of address, submit the documents directly to the campus.
If you live in a residence in which all bills are paid through the lease or homeowner's dues, please use the district affidavit to submit in lieu of the bill. Click below to download the affidavit. Submit the completed affidavit, including the names of your students, directly to the campus.
The quickest and easiest way to submit your proof of residency is by using the online form below.
1. Fill out all of the fields on the form below.
- Be sure to include your email address. This is how you will receive an automated email acknowledging receipt. A second, non-automated email will follow if any questions arise during processing.
- Enter the information for each of your students.
2. Attach the bill to the online form by using one of the following options:
- Save your bill as a PDF, JPG or Word document, or
- Scan your bill, or
- Photograph your bill with your phone (please check for size and clarity.)
As an alternative, you may bring a hard copy of the complete water or electric bill to the HPISD Administration Building at 7015 Westchester Drive where staff will scan the bill, obtain the required student information and submit the bill electronically for you.
Click HERE to access the online submission form. (Opening July 29, 2019)
Your bill must be less than 8 MB in size to submit it through the online form.
If you have more than five students, please complete this form a second time and include any of the students who were left off the first form.
If you fail to receive an email acknowledgement of receipt for the online submission, send an email to email@example.com.
If you have questions about HPISD’s proof of residency requirement, please contact the HPISD Director of Student and Administrative Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click HERE to read an FAQ about proof of residency.