Submitting Proof of Residency
Highland Park ISD requires annual proof of residency for each family. This is a standard practice in many other school districts, and it is intended to protect taxpayers whose dollars pay for the excellent education our students receive.
Closed for 2020-2021
- All pages of a water or electric bill. (No gas, phone or cable)
- Dates of service (not billing dates) during June, July or August 2020
- Address matches the family’s in-district address as listed in Skyward
- Each student’s name, campus and grade level must be submitted along with each family’s bill.
If your family’s residence has changed, please submit the following documents along with the student’s name, campus and grade level:
- For a renewing lease - Copies of the 1) lease renewal and 2) water or electric bill
- For a new lease - Copies of the 1) new lease and 2) water or electric bill and 3) new driver’s license
- For a change of address – Copies of the 1) warranty deed or deed of trust or settlement statement and 2) water or electric bill and 3) new driver’s license
If you live in a residence in which all bills are paid through the lease or homeowner's dues, please use the district affidavit to submit in lieu of the bill. Click below to download the affidavit.
If your lease has changed to month-to-month after the lease term ends, please use the district affidavit to submit in lieu of the lease renewal. Click below to download the affidavit.
- As a result of safety precautions due to the pandemic, parents are strongly encouraged to submit their documents through the online link this year.
Click HERE to access the online submission form.
- As an alternative, please deliver a hard copy of your proof of residency documents to your student’s campus. Be sure to include the student’s name, campus and grade level with the paperwork. Call the campus to schedule a time to drop off your documents.
- Paper documents may not be delivered to the HPISD Administration Building.
Your bill must be less than 8 MB in size to submit it through the online form.
You will receive an automated email with a copy of your online submission that you may wish to save or print. If there is any problem with the submission, you will receive a follow-up email.
If you have questions about HPISD’s proof of residency requirement, please contact the HPISD Director of Student and Administrative Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or your student’s campus.
Click HERE to read an FAQ about proof of residency.