Skip to main content
Mobile Menu Toggle

Enrolling a New Student

General Information
Thank you for your interest in enrolling your child in Highland Park Independent School District. HPISD welcomes all students who meet the district residency and State of Texas age and health requirements. A student must live within HPISD's boundary to attend school. All of our campuses are accepting new students. Click below to view the boundaries of the District and the attendance zone boundaries for each of the elementary schools. 

To inquire about a unique residency situation, contact the student’s future school office or the Director of Student and Administrative Services at the HPISD Administration Building.
Click here for the HPISD Boundary Map identifying elementary school attendance zones. 
Click here to check an address in SchoolSite Locator, the district's new interactive attendance boundary locator.
Campus Information
HPISD campuses serve students as follows: 

An elementary student will be placed in his/her attendance zone school unless the student requires a special program only offered at another campus or the grade level at that campus is full. If there is no space available, the student will be placed at an elementary campus within HPISD that has classroom space. The student’s name may be added to a waiting list until space becomes available at the campus in the student's attendance zone. All of HPISD’s elementary schools are excellent, and all have the highest ratings from the State of Texas.

Enrollment Process 
Please carefully read all the information on this page prior to beginning the enrollment process.
*The earliest date on which enrollment materials for the 2022-23 school year may be submitted online is February 14, 2022.
1.  Parents will need to complete a Skyward application first to create a parent/student account with HPISD. When completed, please return to this enrollment page to complete the remaining steps. Click here to complete the Skyward enrollment application.
  • Use your child’s legal name as it appears on the birth certificate.
  • Be sure to complete each page.
  • Click the "submit" button at the end.
2. Parents will upload various necessary documents using a secure upload link. Click the New Student Enrollment Document Upload Form to access the online form to upload documents.

It is recommended that you have PDF files scanned and ready to upload prior to starting the process and accessing the New Student Enrollment Document Upload form. This will minimize any delay in processing your child’s enrollment due to missing required documents. See all required documents below.

List of Required Documents:

  1. Birth Certificate
  2. Immunization Record
  3. Parent ID (i.e. Driver's license or State ID)
  4. Copy of one of the following in its entirety: a closing statement or deed of trust or warranty deed or current lease of reasonable duration (greater than two months); and
  5. Current water or electric utility bill for the same address
Possible Required Documents if Applicable:
  • Health Plan Documents (for those students with health conditions such as asthma, seizures, diabetes, etc.)
  • Special Program Documents (i.e. Special Education, 504, dyslexia, speech therapy, etc.)
  • Previous Report Card (for those enrolling in grades 1 -12)
  • High School Transcript (for those enrolling in grades 9 – 12 with HS credits)
  • Most recent custody documents, divorce decree or other legal documents related to the child, if applicable
Recommended Documents:
  • Social Security Card
Learn how to scan a document using your smartphone, click here.
3. Parents may click here for more information about temporary, substitute documents, if you are missing any required documents.
4. Once all documentation has been submitted, parents will be notified by campus staff to confirm enrollment.
Annual Processes Annual Back to School Sign Up is a process that each family completes online in late July through early August. During this annual online process, you will update family information and required documents as well as have the opportunity to pay for supplies, yearbooks, directories, spirit wear, etc. Your Skyward login and password will be used to complete Back to School Sign Up. 

Annual Proof of Residency is a process each family must complete every summer prior to the beginning of school. If the residency paperwork is complete and current from the enrollment process (deed or updated lease in addition to a driver’s license at the same address), then you will only be required to submit a new water or electric bill for the address where you reside. If the residency documents on file are incomplete or do not match the submitted utility bill, you will be required to provide new residency documents that match. Requirements and submission procedures will be available on the District’s website in late July.