Bradfield Elementary School
A camera is installed on the construction site to provide district staff, parents and community members an up-to-date look at the progress on Bradfield. The camera takes a picture of the site approximately every 10 minutes. To view a single snapshot from a particular date or time, or to compare two photos side-by-side, visit https://app.oxblue.com/open/highlandpark.
HPISD administration, trustees and members of the community gathered at the new Bradfield Elementary construction site April 9 to sign the construction beam that will be placed at the highest part of the school. Check out the video above for an inside look at the new school's progress.
- The installation of sheetrock walls in the education wing is 95 percent complete while the first coat of paint is ongoing. Exterior brick continues to be installed.
- The parking garage drive walls are complete. The grading and forming are ongoing for the driveway pour.
- Steel erection for area B (the administrative wing) is complete. The roof deck has been installed, and roofing is underway. Area B second and third-floor slabs have been poured. The exterior sheathing is nearing completion.
- The gym masonry unit installation is now complete. The placement of structural steel is nearing completion for the gym, cafeteria and kitchen.
- Site work utility installation is ongoing and 85 percent complete.
- The school is on schedule for completion during the summer of 2019.
McCulloch Intermediate School and Highland Park Middle School
- The south addition exterior brick installation is now complete. Roofing installation has also been completed. Interior walls are installed and being painted. Additional finishes are being added and elevators have been installed.
- The north addition exterior sheathing is complete, and exterior brick installation is ongoing. Interior walls are also nearing completion. The overhead mechanical and electrical installation is nearing completion and the rooftop HVAC units are now set.
- An interior renovation of the locker rooms and weight rooms is now underway.
- The exterior site work for track and field activities is ongoing.
- The school renovations are expected to be completed for the start of the 2019-20 school year.
Northwest Addition at Highland Park High School
- In the eastern section of all floors, installation for mechanical and electrical overhead continues, while interior wall partitions are sheathed.
- The basement floor slab is complete. The final elevated pan-deck will be ready for a concrete pour on Friday, April 19, pending weather. The steel is on site and available to start erection once the pour is complete.
- The brick installation for the north wall section is nearing completion.
- Structural steel over the previously poured pan-deck section is installed and decked.
- The structure is expected to be available for occupancy in late July.
- Grade beams are installed. Concrete column construction in the pool area is ongoing.
- Underground plumbing and electrical are ongoing.
- A portion of the first-floor slab was placed April 16.