Kindergarten and New Student Round-Up
Welcome Class of 2037!
- New student and kindergarten enrollment for the 2024-25 school year begins Monday, Feb. 5, 2024. Enrollment for all incoming new students is completed through the HPISD online enrollment portal; see General Enrollment Information below.
- Parents of incoming kindergarten students are invited to attend Kindergarten Round-Up at 9 a.m. Feb. 20, 2024, at your zoned elementary school.
- Armstrong Elementary, 3600 Cornell Avenue, 214-780-3100. Please contact Madeleine Stringer with questions.
- Boone Elementary, 8385 Durham Street, 214-780-4100. Please contact Jaqueline Vences Navarrete with questions.
- Bradfield Elementary, 4300 Southern Avenue., 214-780-3200. Please contact Jeanne Peoples with questions.
- Hyer Elementary, 3920 Caruth Boulevard, 214-780-3300. Please contact Kim Shelton with questions.
- University Park Elementary, 3500 Lovers Lane, 214-780-3400. Please contact Vanessa Kang with questions.
General Enrollment Information:
Parents who wish to enroll students for the 2024-25 school year must complete the 4-Step Enrollment Process. Enrollment for the 2024-25 school year opens Feb. 5, 2024.
Parents will be asked to upload the following required documents:
- Copy of birth certificate
- Current immunization records
- Proof of residency documents:
- Copy of one of the following in its entirety: a deed of trust or warranty deed or executed closing statement or current lease of reasonable duration; and
- Copy of current electric or water utility bill at the same address; and
- Copy of parent or legal guardian's driver's license or Texas ID card at the same address
- Copy of health plan documents
- Copy of Special Program documents
- Copy of custody papers/parenting plans/custody restrictions, etc., if applicable
- Copy of most recent or final report card for students enrolling in grades 1-12
- Copy of Withdrawal Form from the former school, if transferring in grades 7-12 during the school year
- Providing a copy of the student's Social Security card is recommended
To verify your child’s school attendance zone, use the HPISD SchoolSite Locator.