Kindergarten and New Student Round-Up
Welcome Class of 2036!
Thank you for choosing Highland Park Independent School District.
- New student and kindergarten enrollment for the 2023-24 school year begins Monday, Feb. 6. Enrollment for all incoming new students is completed through the HPISD online enrollment portal; see General Enrollment Information below.
- Parents of incoming kindergarten students are invited to attend Kindergarten Round-Up at 9 a.m. Feb. 21, 2023, at your zoned elementary school.
Please be aware, online enrollment will be offline for 24 hours from 6 p.m. Friday, Feb. 17 through 6 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 18 for maintenance of the district's student management system, Skyward.
- Armstrong Elementary, 3600 Cornell Avenue, 214-780-3100. Please contact Hailey Dalrymple with questions.
- Boone Elementary, 8385 Durham Street, 214-780-4100. Please contact Roxanne Esparza with questions.
- Bradfield Elementary, 4300 Southern Avenue., 214-780-3200. Please contact Jeanne Peoples with questions.
- Hyer Elementary, 3920 Caruth Boulevard, 214-780-3300. Please contact Kim Shelton with questions.
- University Park Elementary, 3500 Lovers Lane, 214-780-3400. Please contact Vanessa Kang with questions.
Please note: new student enrollment for students in grades K-12 enrolling to attend HPISD starting in August 2023 will remain open through the spring and summer.
General Enrollment Information:
Parents who wish to enroll students for the 2023-24 school year must complete the 4-Step Enrollment Process. Enrollment for the 2023-24 school year opens Feb. 6, 2023.
Parents will be asked to upload the following required documents:
- Copy of birth certificate
- Current immunization records
- Proof of residency documents:
- Copy of one of the following in its entirety: a deed of trust or warranty deed or executed closing statement or current lease of reasonable duration; and
- Copy of current electric or water utility bill at the same address; and
- Copy of parent or legal guardian's driver's license or Texas ID card at the same address
- Copy of health plan documents
- Copy of Special Program documents
- Copy of custody papers/parenting plans/custody restrictions, etc., if applicable
- Copy of most recent or final report card for students enrolling in grades 1-12
- Copy of Withdrawal Form from the former school, if transferring in grades 7-12 during the school year
- Providing a copy of the student's Social Security card is recommended
Online enrollment submissions are time and date stamped and will be processed in the order received.
Click here to see the HPISD Enrollment FAQ.
To verify your child’s 2023-24 school attendance zone, use the HPISD SchoolSite Locator.