Cafeteria Volunteer Information
Volunteer Cafeteria Servers for HPISD
Thank you for your willingness to continue the HPISD tradition of volunteering to serve in the cafeteria. Without your help, the cafeteria would not be able to serve meals efficiently to the student of HPISD.
The Food Services Department must follow all Health Department regulations, which also include the time period that you, as a volunteer, are in the cafeteria. Please read the following points that are required by the Health Department while you are in the cafeteria.
- Wash your hands upon arriving in the cafeteria.
- Wear a baseball cap or another form of hair restraint.
- Shoes – wear closed-toe, rubber sole shoes. Do not wear wedged or heeled shoes while on the serving line or in the kitchen.
- Put on an apron provided by the cafeteria.
- Do not eat or drink in the kitchen while serving food, or while stationed at the cashier's station.
- Wear and change gloves often, at least once between each lunch period and always after handling non-cafeteria serving utensils.
- Do not store your personal belongings in the serving area.
- Follow the manager's directions regarding serving sizes.
- Use separate utensils while serving food to avoid cross-contamination.
- Do not substitute food while serving unless you ask the Food Services Manager.
- Please check with the cafeteria staff when foods are spilled or need to be wiped off of serving areas and stations. Proper cleaning methods must be used to avoid cross-contamination.
- For additional campus-specific volunteer information please visit the campus websites, under Cafeteria.
- Follow COVID-19 protocols for HPISD volunteers. Report for your volunteer shift, as outlined by the district and/or specific campus instructions for admittance to campus.
Thank you again for volunteering in the cafeteria! Your service is very much appreciated.