La Fiesta de las Seis Banderas
La Fiesta de las Seis Banderas, “The Park Cities Festival Meeting Community Needs”, was founded in 1986 to provide for educational, charitable, and civic needs by receiving, investing and disbursing funds to a number of beneficiaries.
La Fiesta has raised over $348,000.00 this year, bringing the total to over $9.7 million dollars gifted since 1986. Out of the total raised for the 2020-21 year, La Fiesta gifted an extraordinary $310,000.00 to HPISD students, teachers and organizations.
- HP Education Foundation: $225,000
- HP Arts: $35,000
- HP Literary Festival: $20,000
- HP Science Festival: $2,500
- HPHS Community Service Council: $1,000
- HPHS Counseling/Student Council: $10,000
- HPHS Emergency Fund: $2,500
- HPHS Youth & Government Team/Moody Family YMCA: $1,500
- HPMS/MIS Raider Assistance Fund: $2,500
- HPMS/MIS Counseling Assistance: $10,000
Pictured above are HPHS Principal Jeremy Gilbert, Executive Director HPEF Lauren Holloway, HPISD Superintendent Dr. Tom Trigg, La Fiesta 2021 Chair Michaela Dyer, MIS Principal Dr. Skip Moran, La Fiesta 2021 Chair Kim Quinn, HPISD Trustee Bryce Benson and HPEF Board President Mike Denton.
In addition, La Fiesta celebrated the newly created Highland Park Education Foundation La Fiesta Legacy Fund by presenting the 2020 contribution of $100,000 additional funds raised from the 2019-2020 Anniversary Year.
Pictured below are Executive Director HPEF Lauren Holloway, 2020 La Fiesta chair Fran Matise, 2020 La Fiesta chair Mary Deaver and HPEF Board President Mike Denton, .