Highland Park ISD voters elected Kelly Walker, Jae Ellis, and Edward Herring to serve on the Board of Trustees. Each will serve a three-year term. Ellis will take the place of Paul Rowsey, who chose to step down from the board after serving three full terms. According to Dallas County Elections, the vote totals from the school board election are:
- Kelly Walker - 2,605 votes (100 percent)
- Jae Ellis - 2,273 votes (66.31 percent)
- Phillip B. Philbin - 1,092 votes (31.86 percent)
- Renee A. Bottoms - 63 votes (1.84 percent)
- Edward Herring - 2,670 votes (100 percent)
The trustees will be sworn into office during the next School Board meeting on Tuesday, May 21. The trustees will be sworn into office during the next School Board meeting on Tuesday, May 21, 2019. Thank you to everyone who ran to serve on the Board and to all who voted.