The Blue Wave Swim and Dive teams raced at the UIL 6A Region II Championship Meet Feb 6-7 in the LISD West Natatorium after an ice-storm delay. The men’s team came in sixth place out of 24 teams, while the women’s team finished 10th out of 20 teams.
Sophomore Angelina Huang took the bronze medal in the 100 Back, and will advance to race at the State Championship Meet Feb. 17-18 at the Lee & Joe Jamail Texas Swimming Center at the University of Texas at Austin.
Also making the A finals (top eight qualifiers) on the women’s side:
- The 200 Medley Relay team of Huang, Max McAllister, Bella Dewhirst and Kylie Williams, finishing eighth overall
On the men’s side, all relays placed in the top eight:
- The 200 Medley team of Michael Schultz, Ruihan Zhu, Roman Duong and GB Stalnaker, finishing sixth overall
- The 400 Free team of Stalnaker, Jake Melley, Zhu, Luka Zivaljevic. Finishing seventh overall
- The 200 Free team of Schultz, R. Duong, Melley, Zivaljevic, finishing eighth overall
Also making the A finals on the men's side:
- Ruihan Zhu: 5th 100 Breast,
- Jake Melley: 6th 100 Free, 12th 200 Free
- GB Stalnaker: 8th 200 Free and 500 Free
Click here to read more.