Inclusive Schools Week
2020 Inclusive Schools Week at HPISD
Dec. 7-11, 2020
Inclusive Schools Week is an opportunity to recognize and celebrate the intentional efforts HPISD takes to create a welcoming, inclusive and respectful environment for every student, every day.
Some of the activities that took place during this year's Inclusive Schools Week, which are featured in the video below, included:
- reading books about diversity, difference, empathy and understanding
- "I feel included when" discussions and activities
- adaptive PE lessons
- Character Strong lessons focused on this month's trait - empathy
- demonstrating empathy activities
- Be Like Me virtual field trip
- inclusivity word cloud activities
Special thanks to the HPISD Special Education Parent Advisory Committee (SEPAC) for its support and help coordinating ISW district events and celebrations. Visit the SEPAC webpage to learn more.
Highland Park High School's Student Council hosted more than 300 student leaders from 29 area high schools Feb. 4, 2019, during the fourth annual DFW Student Leadership Forum. The event was a day-long discussion devoted to understanding race and racism. Check out this video about how today's students are building a better tomorrow.
HPISD Celebrated Inclusive Schools Week December 3-7, 2018
2017 Inclusive Schools Week at HPISD