Back to School 2020 - 21 FAQ
- The health and safety of our students, staff, families and community is our top priority. Every decision made will take into consideration the latest guidance and direction from local, state and federal authorities.
- HPISD will provide the highest quality education to all students regardless of the circumstances.
- HPISD will support the well-being of every student, every day.
Will the school year begin as planned on August 20?
What is HPISD doing to prepare?
As we have learned this spring, this is an extremely fluid situation that can change frequently. Because of this HPISD is taking a multifaceted approach to prepare for the upcoming school year for any scenario. A committee has been formed to explore how HPISD may open schools safely. Members include HPISD Trustees Lee Michaels and Tom Sharpe, Superintendent Dr. Tom Trigg, Dallas County Health and Human Services Chief Epidemiologist Dr. Wendy Chung, all school principals, and other district administrators.
Additionally, there are seven instructional subcommittees consisting of more than 100 staff volunteers examining key questions about virtual platforms, schedules and expectations, instructional best practices, performance-based courses, special programs, professional learning and student well-being.
What is HPISD's preference for delivering instruction this school year?
- Face-to-face instruction in our state-of-the-art facilities.
- A hybrid model that allows for as much face-to-face instruction as possible. In particular, we are committed to working through obstacles to have our youngest children and students most in need of direct services in district classrooms.
- Providing high-quality instruction remotely with students and staff who have received training in best practices for virtual learning.
Who will make the decision if school reopens?
If schools reopen, will there be specific requirements for my child to follow (i.e. social distancing, wearing face masks, etc.) ?
I missed the June Town Hall Meetings. Where can I find the link to watch and listen?
Will playgrounds be open during the summer?
Is HPISD open for summer school?
Is HPISD offering enrichment classes or athletic camps?
Where can I access the parent survey results?
Has the closure impacted construction?
If schools reopen and I don't feel comfortable to send my child to school, will there be other options for my child's education?
Will HPISD make adjustments to the school calendar?