||Thank you for your interest in enrolling your child in Highland Park Independent School District. HPISD welcomes all students who meet the district residency and State of Texas age and health requirements. Student must live within HPISD's boundary to attend school.
All of our campuses are accepting new students. Click here to view the boundaries of the District and the attendance zone for each of the four elementary schools.
Please note that University Park Elementary School will be temporarily relocated to 8385 Durham Street during the 2017-18 school year.
To inquire about a unique residency situation, contact the student’s future school office or the Director of Student and Administrative Services at the HPISD Administration Building.
||HPISD campuses serve students as follows:
- Elementary School (grades K-4)
- McCulloch Intermediate School (grades 5-6)
- HP Middle School (grades 7-8)
- HP High School (grades 9-12) Click here for additional high school enrollment information.
An elementary student will be placed in his/her attendance-zone school unless the grade level at that campus is full. If there is not space available, the student will be placed at a campus within HPISD that has classroom space. The student’s name may be added to a waiting list until space becomes available at the campus in the student's attendance zone. All of HPISD’s elementary schools are excellent, and all have highest ratings from the State of Texas.
Please carefully read all the information on this page prior to beginning the enrollment process.
1. Click here to begin online enrollment.
2. Print the following documents as you complete them during online enrollment:
3. Print copies of the following three required Proof of Residency documents:
- Use your child’s legal name as it appears on the birth certificate.
- Enter 8/28/17 as the start date if enrolling for the 2017-18 school year.
- Be sure to complete each page.
- Click the "submit" button at the end.
4. Attach copies of the additional documents listed on the “New Student Enrollment Checklist.”
- Copy of one of the following in its entirety: a closing statement or deed of trust or warranty deed or current lease of reasonable duration; and
- Copy of current electric or water utility bill at the same address; and
- Copy of parent or legal guardian’s driver’s license or Texas ID card at the same address.
5. Upon completion of the online enrollment forms and collection of all required documents, submit the hard copies to the campus.
- Elementary School - Deliver required documents to the front office.
- Intermediate School/Middle School - Deliver the required documents to the Counseling Office. Click here for directions.
- High School - Call the Counseling Office at 214-780-3740 to schedule an appointment to deliver the required documents and meet with the counselor. Click here for directions.
Annual Back to School Sign Up is a process that each family completes online every August. During this annual online process, you will update family information and required documents as well as have the opportunity to pay for supplies, yearbooks, directories, spirit wear, etc. Your Skyward login and password will be used to complete Back to School Sign Up.
Annual Proof of Residency is a process each family must complete every summer prior to the beginning of school. If the residency paperwork is complete and current from the enrollment process (deed or updated lease in addition to a driver’s license at the same address), then you will only be required to submit a new water or electric bill for the address where you reside. If the residency documents on file are incomplete or do not match the submitted utility bill, you will be required to provide new residency documents that match. Requirements and submission procedures will be available on the District’s website during the summer.