HPISD Enrollment Information
All of our campuses are
accepting new students. An elementary student will be placed in his/her
attendance zone school unless the grade level at that campus is full. If there is not space available, the child’s name may be added to a
waiting list. However, until space becomes available, the child will be
placed at a campus within HPISD that has classroom space available. All of HPISD’s elementary schools are excellent, and all have earned the
top “Exemplary” rating from the state.
Click here to view HPISD's enrollment policies.
. Enter each of the following policy names: FD(Legal), FD(Local) and FD(Regulation) in the policy code box. Here is a summary of the policies:
The family must reside within the school district boundaries.
- To learn about the district definition of “resides,” please see FD (Regulation).
- To inquire about a unique residency situation, contact the student’s future school office or the Student & Administrative Services Coordinator at the HPISD Administration Building.
Enrollment: The enrollment process begins with HPISD’s paperless enrollment packet. After creating a family account, the system guides parents through the rest of the steps. Upon completion, all forms are sent electronically to the appropriate campus.
- Tuition for out-of-district students is not permitted.
The checklist and additional required documents must be delivered to the campus. Required documents include:
Back to School Sign Up: Prior to the opening of the each school year, all parent/guardians must complete Back to School Sign Up. In order to begin the Back to School Sign Up process, your campus registrar will provide you with a Skyward Family Access user name and password.
- Proof of residency:
- Copy of a contract or deed or current lease of reasonable duration and
- Original, current electric or water utility bill at the same address and
- Copy of parent or legal guardian’s driver’s license at the same address
- Additional documents, as applicable
- Completed enrollment packet for each child, obtained online for each school or at the front office of each school
- Certified copy of the student’s birth certificate
- Copy of student’s social security card
- Immunization records
- Copy of custody papers, if applicable
- Withdrawal form from former school, if the school year has started
- Most recent report card for students enrolling in grades 1-11
- Copy of unofficial transcript, if enrolling for high school
Please click the appropriate link to begin the new student enrollment process. Contact the appropriate campus for questions.
Elementary (grades K-4)
Intermediate (grades 5-6)
Middle School (grades 7-8)
High School (grades 9-12)