HPISD Enrollment Information

The Highland Park Independent School District welcomes all students who meet the District residency and State of Texas age and health requirements.

All of our campuses are accepting new students.  An elementary student will be placed in his/her attendance zone school unless the grade level at that campus is full.  If there is not space available, the child’s name may be added to a waiting list.  Until space becomes available, the child will be placed at a campus within HPISD that has classroom space.  All of HPISD’s elementary schools are excellent, and all have highest ratings from the State of Texas.


Click here to view HPISD’s enrollment policies.  Enter FD in the policy box code and view FD(LEGAL) and FD(LOCAL).

Click here to view FD(REGULATION) for the definition of resides and other admissions information.

Click here to view the boundaries of the District and the attendance zone for each of the four elementary schools.

To inquire about a unique residency situation, contact the student’s future school office or the HPISD Student and Administrative Services Coordinator at the Administration Building.

HPISD does not accept out-of-district students.

HPISD campuses serve students as follows: 

Please read carefully all the information on this page prior to beginning the enrollment process.

• Create a new online family account if you are NEW to the District OR access your existing account if you are a RETURNING parent with a student already in the District.

• Complete all five steps of online enrollment.

• Print and complete the following documents from online enrollment and the Student Enrollment Checklist link below.
  • New Student Enrollment Checklist
  • Home Language Survey
  • Request for Student Records
• Assemble the following three required Proof of Residency documents.
  • Copy of a signed, dated contract or closing statement or deed or current lease of reasonable duration; and
  • Current electric or water utility bill at the same address; and
  • Copy of parent or legal guardian’s driver’s license or Texas ID card at the same address
                   Note to new District residents and current District residents who have relocated to another address in HPISD: 
      • If you have not yet received a water or electric bill, campuses will temporarily accept a copy of your request for service.  A copy of the first bill is due to the campus within 30 days.
      • If you are new to Texas, please provide a copy of your current driver’s license.  A copy of your Texas driver’s license is due to the campus within 30 days.
      • If you are a current Texas resident, please provide a copy of your new driver’s license with the address matching your residency documents.  Campuses will temporarily accept a printout of your online DPS change of address request form.  A copy of your new license is due to the campus within 30 days.
      • If you are missing your child’s social security card, you must request a replacement at the Social Security Administration.  Campuses will temporarily accept a copy of the request for a replacement card.  A copy of the new card is due as soon as you receive it.
• Attach the following required additional documents.
  • Copy of student’s certified birth certificate 
  • Copy of student’s social security card
  • Immunization records (click here for the current requirements)
  • Copy of custody papers/parenting plans/custody restrictions, etc., if applicable
  • Withdrawal Form from former school, if the school year has started
  • Most recent report card for students enrolling in grades 1-12
  • Intermediate School only: Counselor MIS Enrollment Information Form (click here to print)
  • Middle School only: Counselor HPMS Enrollment Information Form (click here to print)
  • Middle School only: Athletic Physical Form (click here to print) – due to coach on first day of practice or class
  • High School only: Copy of unofficial transcript
• Upon completion of online enrollment and collection of the required documents, submit to the campus all paperwork specified above.

All documents listed on the New Student Enrollment Checklist are required, including the required residency documentation.
                 Incomplete packets are not accepted.

                 Enrollment is not complete until all documentation has been received and accepted by campus personnel.

                 Packets are time and date-stamped when received, and will be processed on a first-come, first- served basis.

                  Submission information:
      • Elementary School - Deliver completed packets to the front office of the elementary campus.
      • Intermediate School - Deliver completed packets to the 7/8 office of the middle school. Click here for directions.
      • Middle School- Deliver completed packets to the 7/8 office of the middle school. Click here for directions.
      • High School - Call the Counseling Office at 214-780-3740 to schedule an appointment to deliver the enrollment packet and meet with the counselor. Click here for directions.
Watch for information about the annual Back to School Sign Up that each family completes online every August.  During this annual online process, you will update family information and required documents as well as have the opportunity to pay for supplies, yearbooks, directories, spirit wear, etc.  Your Skyward login and password will be used to complete Back to School Sign Up.

Please choose the appropriate link below to begin the new student enrollment process: