The Highland Park ISD's Board of Trustees have approved participation in the following purchasing cooperatives and inter-local agreements:
· Allied States Purchasing Cooperative (Region 19) www.esc19.net/purchasing/index.php - Operated by Region 19
· Buyboard www.buyboard.com - Operated by the Texas Association of School Boards (TASB)
· Choice Partners Cooperative www.choicepartners.org – Operated by the Harris County Department of Education
· Texas Department of Information Resources www.dir.texas.gov – Operated by the State of Texas; for Technology items only.
· NJPA National Joint Powers Alliance http://www.njpacoop.org/cooperative-purchasing/vendor-search1/ - National cooperative
· PACE Purchasing Association of Cooperative Entities (Region 20) - http://programs.esc20.net/default.aspx?name=pace.Contracts - PACE was created by Education Service Center, Region 13 in Austin, Texas and Education Service Center, Region 20 in San Antonio, Texas. PACE is administered by Education Service Center, Region 20.
· Region 18 Education Service Center Purchasing Co-Operative www.esc18.net/Domain/121 - Based in Midland, Texas, this co-operative issues three catalog discount bids every year, including instructional and office supplies, computer hardware and software, and P.E. and athletic equipment. For more information about being placed on the Region 18 bid list, contact John Burdsal at (432) 561-4335.
· State of Texas Co-Op http://comptroller.texas.gov/procurement/registration/ - Operated by the Texas State Comptroller's department
· Texas Cooperative Purchasing Network (TCPN) www.tcpn.org
· The Interlocal Purchasing System (TIPS) www.tips-usa.com – Operated by Region 8 ESC
By becoming an approved vendor through one of these Purchasing Cooperatives you assist us in complying with competitive purchasing laws and requirements. Vendors can then do business with HPISD and many other participating school districts in the state of Texas.
Highland Park ISD's Bid List
Highland Park ISD maintains a list of vendors for bids and proposals that are issued by the district. This list ensures that each vendor requesting placement on the bid list is offered an opportunity to issue a bid response or proposal response when their commodity or specialty is being formally requested. For the commodities covered in the purchasing cooperatives, vendors are strongly encouraged to participate in the competitive bidding process with those cooperatives. To be placed on the HPISD bid list, please fill out the Vendor Application Packet located on the Purchasing Forms page and fax to 214-780-3026, attention Mary B. Witcher.
Vendor contact information will be maintained on the listing until the information is no longer valid. At the time a bid/proposal request is returned due to outdated or inaccurate information the vendor contact information will be purged. Keep in mind the importance of maintaining current data with the purchasing office in order to be included in opportunities.
Vendor Status as a "Sole Source"
Some purchases are allowable outside of the competitive bidding requirement due to the fact that the providing vendor is the only source for the item(s). Being a "sole source" vendor is outlined below and will need to be confirmed in writing from the vendor to the purchasing office to include items for which the vendor is the only source. If the item or intended purchase does not qualify under one of the specific exceptions listed below it is not a single or sole source item(s) and the competitive bidding requirements will apply. Click here for the sole source compliance letter. Sole source confirmations may be e-mailed to WitcheM@hpisd.org ensuring that there is an authorized signature and date for our records, faxed to the attention of Mary B. Witcher to (214) 780-3026 or mailed to the Purchasing Department, 7015 Westchester Drive, Dallas, TX 75205.
Below is the definition of a "sole source" vendor as defined by the Texas Education Code. Vendors submitting confirmation of their sole source status should understand they are agreeing to being in compliance with the below information.
Texas Education Code 44.031
(j) Without complying with subsection (a), a school district may purchase and item that is available from only one source, including:
(1) and item for which competition is precluded because of the existence of a patent, copyright, secret process, or monopoly;
(2) a film, manuscript, or book;
(3) a utility service, including electricity, gas, or water; and
(4) a captive or replacement part or a component for equipment.