Dear HPISD Parents & Staff,
Highland Park High School dismissed students from school at noon today following the discovery of a handful of .22-caliber bullets in a boys bathroom.
All events that were scheduled for tonight inside the campus are either canceled or moved to another location:
- The yearbook seniors ads meeting is moved to 7 p.m. tonight in the Highland Park Middle School auditorium. A second meeting has been scheduled for 7 a.m., Friday, March 1 in the HPHS multipurpose room. Contact yearbook advisor Elizabeth Perkins for more information.
- Cheerleader tryout clinic is moved to 3:30 p.m. today at the Highland Park Middle School gym.
- The "Be an Ideal Sports Parent" presentation sponsored by the HPISD Parent Education Committee is canceled and will be rescheduled in April at a date to be announced later.
- All HPHS Fine Arts theater practices are canceled.
- All after-school sporting events and practices at Highlander Stadium and Scotland Yard will continue as scheduled.
More information on tomorrow's school day will be communicated through text message, email, and posted on www.hpisd.org
We want to thank parents, students and faculty for their cooperation and understanding. Safety is always our top priority.
HPISD will continue to update parents, students and staff through its emergency text-message system, email, and posts on the district website.